Mar 14, 2011

New Experiences for Caidy



Ronald and I have lived in Cebu for 5 weeks! CRAZY! 

I have had some new experiences that I would like to share with you via pictures and descriptions. 

Washing my own laundry is no fun. I am impressed with the people who do this weekly. 

Mango Smoothies are the best! Mangos in the States have nothing on the mangos here!

Pig head. Gross. 


CBC also has a little "Bieber Fever"




Meeting my mother-in-law for the first time was fun!


Also, meeting Ronald's grandmother was fun! She's a hot ticket! 
 
Fruit straight from the tree is yummy!!! This is star fruit. Kinda sticky, but so tasty! 

  
 This particular day, we were in Ronald's hometown and he was showing me all the places he and his cousins would hang out at.  It was a great experience to be apart of! I loved seeing Ronald's old stomping grounds.
Getting stuck at the port overnight was frustrating at first, but then it turned into a fun adventure!  


Although we got stuck at the port, the morning was beautiful! Thank you, God.
Ducks at the zoo! 

I have seen poverty on a whole new level here in Cebu. These precious little children literally live at a dump. 

  This lizard was hanging out with my while I was doing the dishes. "Thanks little lizard for keeping me company" :) 


I hope that was a good little overview of my new experiences. Obviously, these are not super detailed...but I'm sure you get the picture. 

Love and Peace. 

-Caidy



2 comments:

Matthew said...

Caids,

Looks things are going well for you.

How are you and Ronald getting along since the earthquake etc?

I hope you two are doing great! Stay positive.
Do you need anything?
Are you guys able to receive care-packages?

Love ya!
Matt

Unknown said...

I'm going to call you guys Tarzan and Jane. Love the pictures!
Peace and Love to you both,
Chris