Oct 5, 2010

Church -- Caidy writes

I often imagine what church will look like in the Philippines. Being a different part of the world, church may look different .... right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently visited a newly established church here in Nashville, being only 2 years old it has exploded in membership! It was so amazing to experience ones vision for Nashville actually coming to life through the power of the Holy Spirit. They have grown to three services, with each one being so full, people have to sit on the ground. The church here is thriving and growing and on FIRE to love God and His people! The preacher who had to vision for this church before it even started spent years in prayer and in the scriptures before actually putting the plan into motion, he sought out Gods will and allowed the Holy Spirit to work through him. It has been amazing to witness such an ordeal ... the Spirit is alive and at work in him .... working through him to bring people in Nashville to a deeper relationship with their creator. This church focuses on LOVING people, no matter what their past or present. This church knows that hope people can have in Jesus Christ and they share that hope with so many others on a daily basis. I was so very encouraged when I was able to experience this love and hope first hand last Sunday.

With all that said I see myself asking the questions ... what will the church be like in the Philippines? Will I allow the Holy Spirit to work through me to show others Christ's love? Will I be selfless enough to bring Christ to all people no matter what the circumstance?
Will I allow the power of the spirit into my life or will I shut it out like so many times before.

Knowing that I am going to a foreign country scares me, knowing that I am going their specifically to be a missionary scares me even more. God has called us and asked us, as christians to disciple people .... what a huge undertaking .... what a huge responsibility -- one that can only be taken on with the help of the Holy Spirit and direct guidance of Jesus Christ.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this post makes some sort of sense.

Please feel free to leave your comments.

Love and Peace.

2 comments:

Matthew Johnston said...

Sometimes being scared into action is a good thing. You have an opportunity to go to a new place and set a new standard for yourself. Sometimes the scariest thing is trying to start anew when everyone around knows what you've been in the past. You won't have any of that where you are going. Wear your heart on your sleeve and give everything to God and you'll be taken care of in every way... He promised! We'll be praying for you guys!

-Chief-
www.mattjohnston.us

Greg and Kelsey said...

We will be praying for you. We love you and are grateful to know how and where to send our love and support. Keep posting, please. Your presence at our wedding meant the world to us. Caidy, your sweet gift of encouragement IS going to bless the Philippines. God is so there.
Love you guys! Greg and Kelsey Leslie