Sep 6, 2012

Shout out to the grandparents!

Grandparents, Shan-ma's, Papa's, Lola's and Lolo's are on my mind today. 

I believe that my grandparents had just as big a part of raising me as their children did. I am thankful for the positive influence they have had on my 25 years!

Here is a shout out to some of the BEST grandparents a girl could have...


Grandpa and Grandma 'A' 



I am privileged to be part of their family! 
Some things I have learned in the last 25 years from my Amaral grandparents:
Grandma was a strong woman and she taught me that woman can do anything! 
Tapioca pudding is not really as delicious as they might say. 
Dessert after dinner is always a must.
Grandpa taught me how to remove splinters.
Grandpa also taught me how to be stern yet fun.
I have learned the importance of keeping to my commitments.
Hard work always pays off.
Big band music is FUN! 
Labor day = delicious food and fun parades. 
Wake up early or you waste away the day.
Love everyone. 




Shan-ma and Papa 





My Linehan family is funny! I am sure blessed to be part their family! 
Papa taught me to laugh.
Shan-ma taught me all about chocolate! 
St.Patricks day is all about how much green you can put on.
Fish and chips with loads of vinegar is always a good idea.
Hard work and commitment are important.
Animal crackers should always be in the house! 
Christmas is spent best with family.
A 'Caidy day' is a good day. hehe.
AFV, wheel of fortune and jeopardy are some great shows.
Hugs and kisses (even when people don't want to be touched) are essential 
Love everyone.  



At 25 years old I am blessed to still have my Grandpa 'A' and my Shan-ma supporting me and loving me as I travel on this journey known as life! They are some of my biggest fans ... encouraging and loving me through every decision.



Thank you Grandpa and Grandma, Shan-ma and Papa for being some pretty great grandparents. You set the bar pretty high for Grambee and Pepere, but so far they are doing just as great as you all. 

1 comment:

shanma said...

Thanks Caidy for your wonderful comments.You are one of my great blessings,and I am so very proud of you and what you have accomplished in your 25 years. Love & God bless Shanma xxxooo