Jan 19, 2011

We are blessed

Words alone can not simply state how incredibly blessed we are. 
On a recent trip to Rhode Island (to visit with family), we visited the Warwick church of Christ where they allowed Ronald the opportunity to present our mission. He shared our intentions for the Philippines with such confidence, never stumbling and knowing exactly how to answer the many questions thrown at him. I was a proud wife and, being encouraged by my husbands words, I found a new sense of excitement for this journey we are on together. Not only was I encouraged by my husband that wonderful Sunday morning, but I was also uplifted by the encouraging spirit of the church. 
It was during the pot luck lunch that I knew God had brought us to a special place. One person after another gave us their blessing, telling us how excited they are for the work that we plan to do. We have so much support! I’m not talking just monetary, I’m also talking spiritually. These people clearly took an interest in the work that God has charged us to be apart of. I can’t formulate a sentence strong enough to tell how excited and uplifted we feel about this. People that have never meet Ronald, people I have known for nearly 18 years, people we both have never meet, took an interest in the work that we want to pursue on the other side of the WORLD.  God is good. He blessed, encouraged and made His presence known to us this weekend. It is my prayer that even in the tough times, we will always remember the people that support and love us. It is those people who will encourage us to keep following the path of our wonderful merciful Savior. 
Other than visiting with the church in Warwick, we had a fabulous time with family. Here is our weekend in pictures: 


























No comments: